GENDER-BASED VIOLENCE FAQS
What is Gender-Based Violence (GBV)?
Gender-based violence results in physical, sexual, emotional and mental harm which includes threats of acts such as coercion and/or arbitrary deprivation of liberty, whether occurring in public or in private life.
Can I make an anonymous report of GBV?
Yes, you can. View the Emergency Contact details on our Contact Us page
How old do I have to be to report a case?
There is no age restriction when reporting a case.
What do I do if someone I know is a victim of abuse?
You can alert the relevant authorities and alert a close/trusted family member and/or friend about it.
What happens after I report a case on this website?
We will contact you and get further information in order for you to receive the appropriate assistance.
What happens if the individual abusing me is my guardian?
Seek help immediately. You can report a case against your guardian. You will then be relocated to a safe house for your safety, if required.
HUMAN TRAFFICKING FAQS
What are Human Trafficking indicators?
- Living with an employer
- Poor living conditions
- Multiple people living in a cramped space
- Inability to speak to a person alone
- Answers seem to be scripted and rehearsed
- The employer is holding the Identity Documents (IDs)
- Signs of physical abuse
- Submissive or fearful
- Unpaid or paid very little
- Under the age of 18 and in prostitution
What are some of the common deception tactics used by Human Traffickers?
- Seduction and romance
- False job advertisements
- Lies about educational and travel opportunities
- Sale by family
- Recruitmentment through former slaves
How can you protect yourself from Human Traffickers?
- Be vigilant of your surroundings
- Avoid walking around
- Act swiftly, if you are feeling suspicious
- Don’t trust easily
- Use social media wisely
- Be ready for anything
- Use your phone
- Trust your instincts
- Meet strangers in public places
- Seek help from reliable organizations
How can you STOP Human Trafficking?
- Hold events
- Help strangers
- Stay informed
- Report suspicions
- Help combat the demand for cheap labour
How Child Trafficking Happens
Africa’s Human Trafficking Hotspots
Can you assist us?
Your donation will assist with the many causes that we have.